It is impossible to prevent an inherited tendency toward having varicose veins, but it is certainly possible to take measures that will help. Remember that varicose veins are veins that have been stretched so often that they have become chronically dilated. The trick is to limit the opportunity to distend the veins.
1. Wear compression stockings
2. stay fit and maintain a healthy weight
3. exercise: exercising helps your veins pump blood.
4. avoid prolonged sitting or standing
5. avoid prolonged exposure to direct sunlight
6. elevate your legs as much as possible