Noninvasive Vascular Laboratory
The Non Invasive Vascular Laboratory at La Jolla Vein & Vascular utilizes advanced, noninvasive, diagnostic, medical ultrasound technology while ensuring high quality results to detect diseases that may affect blood flow in the arteries and veins. We utilize “state-of-the-art” color duplex ultrasound imagers and indirect testing equipment.
The Vascular Lab offers the convenience of:
- Non-invasive testing
- Same-day imaging appointments
- Follow-up clinic visits with our on-site vascular team
- Appointments at multiple locations including La Jolla, Poway, Chula Vista, and Solana Beach.
What is Duplex Ultrasound
The non invasive Duplex ultrasound involves using high frequency sound waves to look at the speed of blood flow, and structure of the blood vessels. The term “duplex” refers to the fact that two modes of ultrasound are used, Doppler and B-mode. The B-mode transducer obtains an image of the vessel being studied. The Doppler probe within the transducer evaluates the velocity and direction of blood flow in the vessel.
Types of Ultrasound Testing Offered:
Direct testing (duplex imaging)
Venous Non Invasive
- Deep Vein Thrombosis- upper or lower extremity
- Venous Reflux
Arterial Non Invasive
- Abdominal Aorta
- Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm (AAA) Screening- must meet criteria of SAAAVE Act
- Carotid Duplex
- Lower Extremity Duplex
Indirect testing (non-imaging)
- Arterial –Ankle Brachial Index (ABI) with waveforms
Arterial –Segmental pressures and waveforms (P&Ws), upper or lower extremity
For more information and to book a consult, please give our office a call at 858-550-0330.
For more information please check out our Youtube Channel at this link.